Thursday, December 1, 2011

Call me crazy.

For those of you who know me, just the fact that I started writing a blog at 2:30 in the morning seems a little crazy.  A LOT crazy if you know how much I shy away from social media to begin with.  For those of you who do not know me, well, here's the deal:

1: I am Freshly Unemployed (do you like that description? So do I.)
2: The above occurance was by choice- just wanted to make that clear.
3: I have NO idea what to do with myself.

After 15 years in retail, when you get a day off, especially a big day like Black Friday, you tend to freak out a little.  At first I felt bad, like I was doing something naughty (really?).  Then I felt the relief of not having to wake up at 4am the day after Thanksgiving to help a stranger pick out a $15 pair of salad tongs that they want gift wrapped and shipped to Oregon free of sales tax.  Oh, but first they want me to pull out every pair of salad tongs we have in back-stock to inspect the craftsmenship, because heaven forbid there be a fat squatty bluebird painted on the handle instead of a tall, skinny, elegant one with a longer beak.  I digress- Anyways, once I settled into the idea of not working this holiday season (so far) I thought to myself, "If I sit here much longer I shall actually become a couch cushion- with a severe champagne drinking problem, mind you.  It has literally only been 3 weeks, but here's what I've come up with... Did I mention I paint btw? Ok...

- 1 painting for each day in December.
- Each individual painting will be for sale... $31 a piece for an original.
- January 1st, I shall tally the sales and donate 1/3 of the profits to my favorite charity here in town.

Ok.  I know what you are thinking.  This sounds impossible.  I need inspiration people! I need to get my butt back on track and get the brush to the canvas!  What better way to be a little creative at least once a day, bring a smile (or look of confusion) to someone's face, and get myself some exposure, just in case I *might* be able to this for a living?? And I love donating at Christmas.  I donate every year, stuffed animals, books, toys, canned food- it's a kind of tradition in my family, I'd love to be able to carry that on, even without a job.

Each painting will be completed in one sitting, and while the paint is drying I will photograph it and post the photo in an album on facebook labeled "31".  If you are interested in one, contact me.  If not, well, I'll have a heck of a lot of paintings come January and maybe I'll be able to do an Artwalk or something ;)

Do I sign this like a letter?

Sincerely,
B







   

No comments:

Post a Comment