Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rambling.

It's amazing to me how the creative process and being a so-called hopeful artist works.  I'm on day 10 of a 31 day project and already I feel myself changing in a way I never thought I could.  As I finish each painting, I relax just a little bit more, I feel the tension I carry lessening.  At first I was worried about what people would think, I couldn't bear the thought of judgement directed at my work.  With each passing day, I'm beginning to realize that people, both friends and strangers, are responding in such a tremendously positive way to this whole kooky experiment of mine- it's amazing!!  I was raised to believe that we are all artists in our own way.  Whether you are painting, writing, sewing, finding ways to expand your children's minds, telling jokes, discovering beauty in the small things or even drawing initials in the sand on your local beach.  I feel like I had gotten so snarled up in my career that I forgot to stop and recognize all the beautiful things surrounding me.  I feel lucky to have this time off, and although my lifestyle may take a relatively drastic step down a notch, I wouldn't change things for the world right now.  Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories and support.  Each time I speak to one of you I become even more inspired as the month goes on.

I might be able to paint, but I suck at math.
B       

No comments:

Post a Comment