Friday, December 2, 2011

Sometimes less is more.


I finally finished today's piece... Just posted it on facebook.  In all honesty, it looks kinda plain in the photograph to me.  The interesting part of this painting is that it started out with one brush stroke and turned into an immediate challenge for me.  I'm particularly shaky today and became fascinated with the fact that I couldn't paint a straight line to save my life.  SO, to calm my hands I decided it would be a great idea to do a complete outline of the design and then *fill in* the outline with black paint.  Not just simple brush strokes- a test of will dammit!  Could I sit and stare at this canvas for what, 3.5 hours, holding my right elbow steady while basically coloring with a brush the size of q-tip?  The answer is yes.  I like it, I think it's interesting.  Simple yet not so.

Happy Friday!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment