Saturday, December 3, 2011

Third time's a charm.

Hello Saturday morning... You'd think I'd still be sleeping, but really, let's face it- 9:45 isn't THAT early.  Unless you were up until 3am partying.  I was not.  I went to bed at a groovy 11:30 or so after watching bad tv shows and shoveling down a bowl of peppermint ice cream.  Maybe tonight will be more "eventful".  So I'm standing here about to reclaim an old canvas.  I'm in desperate need of a visit to Blick on Monday for about 25 fresh canvas, so I'm being resourceful.  I do that every once in a while.  Not all of my paintings are meant to be loved forever, some are just a fun way to kill an afternoon, so they get to live second and third lives as "new" pieces.  Sometimes the results are great, layers upon layers of images and textures underneath one another.  I'm doing this piece with someone in mind.  The color story might give it away quite quickly, you know who you are *wink*.  Red & green are a favorite color combo of mine, I find the contrast to be particularly striking.  Ok, less chatting more painting.

Bring on the weekend.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment